Wednesday, April 17, 2013

God Bless the Child That's Got His Own

"Don't accept an invitation to eat a selfish person's food no matter how good it is". People like that take note of how much you eat. They say "Take all you want!" But they don't mean it." Please understand that everyone who offers help is not always sincere. We sometimes put ourselves in the line of fire by not praying about what we receive and from whom. I am not a prideful person but I don't like continually going back to someone for help. When Dee and I were younger we relied on his mom for financial help as well as for help with our children. One day we realized that we'd never be self sufficient if we continued down that path. We had to be responsible for ourselves in order to mature. While I appreciate everything she did for us, I understand that it wasn't fair to her. My mother in law was not a selfish person however I knew that our dependency on her was creating a rift in our relationship. I also understand that there is a time and a season for everything. I understand that we can't keep leaning on the same people for support, we have to grow up, learn to function on our own and seek the wisdom of God as we move forward. TeamGrowUp. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment