Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Young and the Restless

Good morning family. I am enjoying this rainy Saturday morning. The rain gives me an excuse to stay in and relax. Not always a good thing but I need it today. Praying for my friend Q. Her mother passed away unexpectedly this week. The unexpected will have us believe we won't survive but it's in those times when we really get a good understanding of our truth strength and where it comes from, Our Father in Heaven. Over the past few weeks I've had this reoccurring thought, "The Young and the Restless". Sounds funny because it's the name of a soap opera but it's made me think about my children more and remember when I was "young and restless". Every idea or passion my children come up with reminds me of "me". As a young woman, I was restless, thinking I needed to be so much more, have so much more and please so many. What I didn't realize and what I wasn't taught is everything I hustled for as a young woman, wouldn't even matter by the time I reached the age I am now. I don't want to discourage my children but I do want to remind them and all our young people, that maturity is not measured by what you own or who you know. Matured is identified by the character you've built. Our choices, good or bad, contribute to our character. When I finally realized that I didn't need the current fad/trend, that I wasn't supposed to be-friend everyone, that people pleasing was overrated and that God was and had always been my true source, then I began to see things differently. This morning I pray that everyone seeking something more stay in prayer about what they want, be realistic and at the same time be willing to commit to the dreams they have. Understanding that the desires we have for our lives may not be where God wants to take us. A true willingness to fall in line with what He would have us do is key to our success and happiness. TeamYoung&Restless. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment