Saturday, July 26, 2014

Control My Mouth

Good morning family. Thanking God for another day. Wishing Terrance a happy birthday. I know he doesn't like the attention but we love him and we're proud of what he's accomplished. So today during one of our morning huddles, I made a statement that I had to back track on. It's not that the statement wasn't true, but I said in the wrong way/at the wrong time. As I think about it, I probably shouldn't have said anything. Sometimes we are so self-assured that we feel we have the right to say anything. What I've found is that my opinion, especially of someone else, isn't always correct. As the old saying goes "if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at". I mean really, we could all use "some correcting". What we fail to realize is that when we speak negative of others, someone is most likely speaking negatively about us. I know people who are "yet holding on" to old events/things/words that happened 5, 10, 15 even 20 years ago. But guess what, holding on and lashing out doesn't punish others, it punishes the one holding on to all that junk. When we can't muster up the strength or intelligence to let go. forgive/forget, get over it, move on, then we live in bondage. When we can find everything wrong with others but can't identify our own opportunities, we live in denial. I ask God to forgive me for not honoring His name. I ask Him for the courage to let go of past hurts. And I beg Him to help me control my mouth. Without His wisdom, without His love and without His words, I am lost. TeamControlMyMouth. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment