Sunday, September 14, 2014

Love Trumps Hate and Violence

Good morning family. Thanking God for peace and prosperity. Praising Him for what He's already done and for everything coming. Please stop by today to help us celebrate Mia and Manny's birthday. Manny turns 10 next week and Mia turned 10 this past week. Dee's setting the TV up outside for game day. Lots of food. The news really takes stories and runs them into the ground. Everyone has an opinion of what should happen to all those involved in what's going on. We are a nation of people who love sitting in the judgment seat just so long as it's not us being judged. When it comes to domestic violence and child abuse, I've witnessed both. Here I go, "it's just my opinion" but I believe both can be considered learned behaviors in some instances. There are lot of men and women who grew up watching their parents fight and there are lot of men and women who were beaten with sticks and cords as a form of discipline. I personally saw my dad beat my mom on a few occasions. She would have to wear sunglasses out in public. A few months after my dad passed, my mom beat me with an extension cord. She'd never done that before but I believe she did it to show me that just because my dad was gone didn't mean I wasn't required to honor and obey her. She was in control. Fortunate for me, I have not been a victim of domestic violence as an adult nor did I beat my children with cords or sticks. That's not to say my children didn't get spankings/punishments but my husband and I chose to use traditional spankings. I'm praying that we all take a step back, ask God to watch over those who are filled with anger and violence, who feel compelled to control others through physical abuse. I don't know about you, but I have an opportunity of my own to fix the way I respond to others when I'm frustrated. I have an opportunity to see things from the point of view of others. I have an opportunity to stay in my own lane more often than not. Maybe if we start praising/praying for others instead of condemning/judging there would be less violence and more people loving who they are and accepting others for who they are. Love always trumps hate/violence. I'm just saying. TeamLoveTrumpsHateViolence. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment