Sunday, April 6, 2014

Feeling Thankful

Good morning family. Blessed to see another Sunday. Thanking God for watching over me and mine. Also giving Him praise for the family and friends that grace my life. Reminding everyone that embracing what you have is important but change is a must. This morning around 2 am  our house phone rang. Anyone with children understands when I say that a feeling of panic goes all over you when that happens. It was one of my sons asking me to come to him because he'd been in an accident. Now I'm not one of those people who freak out and get nervous but I am a worrier. I wondered if he was hurt or if he was at fault. Once I got to the accident site, I found that he and my nephew were both fine, a little shaken up, sober with a few scratches. Relief and thankfulness. The driver of the car that hit them was not sober. A young woman who'd enjoyed her night a little to much. Needless to say, she failed the sobriety test and is waking up in jail. There's always something that we can learn from accidents, there are always reminders. I thought back on my "hard" days of partying and had to say "Thank You" because the good Lord knows I could have gone to jail many times for driving under the influence. I could have injured someone or taken a life. My God is good and showed favor to a "fool", me. This morning I apologize to my family for those immature days and I thank God for life. Thanking Him also for allowing my son/nephew to walk away from that accident. Also praising Him for sparing the lives of all involved. TeamFeelingThankful. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment