Saturday, February 16, 2013

Measuring Stick

Do you find your self measuring everything/everyone? It's okay if we're measuring so we can be better. Let's face it, most of us need an example to drive us to that next level. But some of us are measuring others so that we don't get stuck doing more. We're still behaving like we did as children. Remember your dish day/week? If your mother asked who's turn it was, no-one popped up and said it was theirs. If you were like me you probably said "I washed dishes last". I was lazy and didn't want to wash even though it was probably my turn. Unfortunately, some of us still treat life that way only now things are more complicated than "dish day". I pray that we stop watching and measuring the "next man" out of spite/envy/selfishness/laziness. I pray that each of us not worry about how little or how much others are contributing. I pray that we zoom past all our goals and get to God's goals. If we have a heart for Him, we won't have time to measure how much someone else is doing. Giving God the honor and glory for all He's doing and putting my measuring stick away. TeamStopMeasuringMyWork. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment