Sunday, August 10, 2014

Godly Fun

Good morning family. Blessed to see another day. Praying for family and friends who aren't feeling well or who aren't feeling their best physically/mentally. God is good no matter what our situation may be. August is jam packed for us. Birthdays, football and back to school. It can wear you down but I'm thankful for strength and focus. a reoccurring thought keeps coming up, "the devil will try and kill you by showing you a good time". Oh Lord, I am so thankful I learned this lesson. If I've learned nothing else in life, it's that "good timing it" leads to destruction when we don't follow the ways of our Father in Heaven. How much stuff have you lost because you were having a good time? Wrecked homes, wrecked cars, damaged relationships-spouse/children/family, loss of time and memory, count the cost, there's a huge price to pay just to have un-Godly fun. Now I'm by no means judging or throwing shade on having good quality fun with friends, but I'm talking about that fun that takes you to the other side of "quality". That fun that's temporary and meaningless. That fun that in a few years will have you filled with regret. Honestly, I've done a lot in my life that I wish I could take back but I can't. The good news is Jesus paid for my sins and I've been forgiven. It's only by grace that I still have stong family relationships, a job, mental stability, the will to love and the love of others. I could've lost it all. Young and dumb that's what I called it but it was really a lack of appreciation for what God had given me. I couldn't see that the "devilish fun" was slowly killing me. I'm thankful that God turned it around for me. Praying for you as I pray for me, may God continue watching over us all. AMEN. TeamGodlyFun. Bblessedloveyou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment