Saturday, August 2, 2014

Keep Hustling

Good morning family. Happy Saturday. Enjoying a little "quiet" time before our day gets into full swing. Gotta say, I was really tired yesterday. Sometimes we get so busy that we forget to fully rest our bodies, we forget to take time out for ourselves. I don't know about you but I'm no good to anyone when I'm tired. Just flat out cranky and hard to deal with. Asking for traveling grace as my sister and niece travel to New Orleans today to pick Ava up. Ava has been on her Summer vacation with Daddy Bill and Clara (great grandparents), love them. Yesterday I encountered two things that made me feel really good about life. The first was a man standing on the corner with a sign that said "just hungry". I had a $5 bill laying on the top of my junky purse, so I was pulling over to give it to him but a lady in front of me beat me to it. I decided I would give it to him anyway but as I got closer, he put his sign under his arm and crossed the street headed towards the store. I smiled about it because normally people get money and get right back into position with their sign in order to get more. Now I don't know if he came back later, but it made me feel that he was being very honest and not just hustling. The next thing happened at work. Our job announced that any US employee would get an increase in pay. This is different because we normally get bonuses and raises once a year around March. These raises would take affect this month. Unfortunately, everyone wasn't eligible for one reason or another. I wasn't looking forward to having conversations with those who weren't. To my surprise all of the conversations went well. I felt a spirit of maturity in the responses I received. I could see growth and ownership in everyone I spoke with. God is good. I share this because there are so many "hustling" for the right reason but get discouraged because things aren't working as quickly as they'd like. But when we're patient, doing the right thing and putting our faith in God, in His time, things start to come around. Be encouraged in your getting and your doing, have a blessed Saturday. TeamKeepHustling. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment