Saturday, August 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Christopher Deforest Matthews

Good morning family. What a blessing to see another day, to breath when breathe could have been taken away. It's a blessing to appreciate the small things in life and to understand that we are here because God says so, nothing we've done, but God. I'm so priviledged and blessed to say happy 30th birthday to my son, Christopher Deforest Matthews. As a young mother I didn't understand the opportunity God had given me. He entrusted me with children, our most precious commodity. Now that I'm older, I realize that everything I did when my children were young influenced who they would be in life. Fortunately I wasn't the worse mom but I wasn't the best either. I can say with all honesty that my children are better parents than I ever thought of being. They are engaged and available to their children. I am so thankful for them and this life God has given us. Any day one of my children celebrates a birthday is a gift to me. They are my reason, they are my celebration, they simply...are everything. Now I can tell you, I don't always agree with the choices they make and they aren't always happy with me, but there has never been any doubt about how much they are loved. If you're young with young children, don't allow your frustrations to block your view of the future kings/queens God has entrusted you with. Speak to them and make them feel like the royalty they are, help them understand that they can conquer anything, fill their hearts/heads with hope and purpose. They are God's children but He's sharing them. It's up to us. God has given us the tools and resouces, use them. TeamHappyBirthdayChristopherDeforestMatthews. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment