Sunday, August 3, 2014

Now I'm Grown

Good morning family. Grace and favor, wow, grace and favor. Praising and thanking God for all He's done in our lives. Excited about this Sunday morning, jut excited about life. Our God has been so good to each of us but some of us refuse to embrace what's there for us. Asking for traveling grace for Simia, Kim and Ava as they return from NOLA. Also for Steve and family as they return to Dallas and for anyone else on the road. Have you ever sat down and thought about why the phrase "I'm grown" is used? I have and I realized I don't use it anymore. The times I used it were when I was living a "sinful" life on purpose. "Why you always in the club?" answer - "I'm grown". "You need to save your money" answer - "I'm grown". "Spend more times with your kids" answer "I'm grown". These are just a few comments where I know my response was "I'm grown". I'm grown is just another way of saying I'm immature and not really ready to grow up, not ready to take responsibility for the opportunities God has given. When we truly become mature/productive/God fearing adults there isn't a need to say I'm grown because the way we live our lives reflects it. "I'm grown has gotten me into trouble, it's cause me to lose income, it's caused me to miss out on blessings and it's certainly cost me time with my family. So go on with your "grown" self. Keep living in sin on purpose, see where it gets you. What I know for sure is that being grown is more than just being able to say your grown. It's a responsibility, it's a privilege and it shouldn't be taken for granted. 1 Corinthians 13:11-When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. BOOM. TeamNowI"mGrown. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment