Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Same Old Things

Good morning family. I hope the morning finds you in a good place, a blessed place. This reoccurring thought keeps popping up in my mind, "the same old thing". Every time it comes up, I'm reminded that some things in my life haven't changed, I'm either doing the same old thing or I have the same old things. What's so amazing about this thought is that it feels good to say "same old thing". Last night I watched and listened to my daughters (Alva included), my sons and my nephews move around in my "same old" kitchen. They've been doing that for years and I felt blessed that Dee and I have been able to feed people out of that "same old" kitchen for more than 20 years. There are days when I long for a fancy house, brand new and updated but that longing passes so quickly. I think about our history in that house and it brings tears to my eyes. I'm thankful that Dee saw and sees the value in a property that I sometimes don't like. This morning I pray for you as I pray for me, Heavenly Father forgive me/us for not always being thankful for the "same old things". Lord open our eyes to the blessings we sometimes overlook. Father I thank You for shelter and provision. Understanding that You didn't have to provide anything let alone allow us to hold on to the "same old things". Father God, You have been so good to this family, keeping us together, allowing us to build a bond that can't be broken. I am forever thankful for everything even when it's the "same old thing". This morning I'm reminded that I/we are exactly where we're supposed to be even if it doesn't feel right/good. It's up to us to change/move forward and update.TeamTheSameOldThng. Bblessedloveyou. Philippians 4 vs 10, 2 Corinthians 9 vs 8-11, 2 Peter 1 vs 3, Matthew 7 vs 7-15

No comments:

Post a Comment