Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Conversation & Communication

Good morning family. I hope everyone had a wonderful three day weekend. Ours was jammed packed. Enjoyed the Jazz Festival and my family. Asking God for traveling grace as a few of my family members journey back home from their holiday travels. I think the highlight of my weekend was the "girl" talks we had yesterday. It's really nice when "the young" and "older" can have discussions about life without judging. After all the bible does tell us to share our wisdom and testimonies. When we fail to have healthy/honest conversation, we all lose. Our communication skills are most effective when there's respect for the opinions of "others" and when we're not competing for attention. What I know for sure is if we don't keep the lines of communication open between our generations we'll miss the chance to share "life". I want to know what my children think and what their children think but I'll never know if I don't at least try to understand how they feel, how they live and give them some background on where we come from. I practice remembering where I was when I was their age. Doing this puts my mind at ease because the Good Lord knows they're probably doing things better than I was. This morning I pray for you as I pray for myself, asking God to guide our conversations, remove judgmental tones, take away the finger pointing and accept that what we want for our children/everyone is not always what they want. We're stronger when allow love to overpower ego. TeamConversationCommunication. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment