Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rebound

Good morning family. Excited about my day, the Lord's day. Thanking Him for peace and for His ever present love. His word is so amazing. Thanking Him for maturity and another chance to get it right. Sitting in the stands at Simmie's basketball game yesterday I realized two things, It doesn't matter how "deep" your bench is, it's the caliber of players that makes the difference in who wins the game and the people who miss their shots but get their own rebounds are the ones who truly understand the "hustle" required to compete and survive. Isn't that how life is? We can travel with an entourage but only a few in the group will be true friends. Some are just like players on the bench, spectating and waiting on you to fail so they can take your place. They don't have a desire to see your team, supposedly the same team they're own, succeed if they aren't getting any glory. Then you have those who repeatedly miss opportunities to be better, miss taking the "shots" that God has left wide open for them. They don't posses the hustle or the heart to get to the next level. They're not rebounding, only standing around waiting for someone else to get the ball, to pick up the slack. Life is funny like that but we all have gifts, talents and blessings that God has bestowed upon us. Some have chosen not to put those things into play, it may be out of laziness, stubbornness or a simple lack of knowledge/training. I challenge and pray for you as I pray for myself, asking God to give me another chance to use what he's given me/us to get to the next level, thanking Him for given me the opportunity to be on His team, to rebound when I've missed my shot. Asking for courage to face challenges, own the mistakes I've/we've made but understand that as long as I/we have breath, I/we can affect change through prayer and faith. AMEN. TeamTeamRebound. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment