Monday, January 20, 2014

Do Better Woman Of God

Good morning family. Enjoying this cold morning and so grateful for the blessing of "heat". Happy "Martin Luther King" Day. We are blessed to live in a country that continues changing and healing. Growing pains but nevertheless still on the path to completion and greater equality. This morning I want to remind the women in my life of the important role we all play in the lives of our families. Our overall disposition sets the stage for how the day will go in our households. Our words, our actions and reactions play a major role in how our families leave home and treat home. Now this may not be you but I know I've manipulated situations so they play out in my favor, I've made comments that I know weren't necessary, I've judged my husband and children unfairly based on what I believe, I've been less than compassionate and empathetic when things didn't go my way. Wow, forgive me is all I can say because I'm so guilty. But guess what, I'm not the first and I'm not the last woman to do these things. I ask God to continue doing a work in me. I ask Him to continue helping me identify and correct "my" issues. I ask Him to forgive me for not always upholding His standards and responding in love. You may not admit it about yourself but women can be very tricky and deceitful when we want our way. It's time for some of us to realize it's not about us, it's about God. When we finally get it, then we relax, then things begin to happen, then we feel supported and loved. Genesis 2:2-7, Genesis 16:1-6, Genesis 19:30-36, Genesis 39:6-21. TeamDoBetterWomanOfGod. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment