Thursday, January 23, 2014

Strong Families

Good morning family. Feeling good and feeling blessed that everyone I know is safe and warm. This cold weather ain't playing. Sending out a reminder this morning that we are all responsible for forgiving. There are so many adults carrying grudges, bringing up the past and focusing on what someone did or didn't do. So many people unwilling to let go of what was and embrace what is and what could be. Over the last few days, stories that I've read have reminded me that we become stronger when we love others despite how we feel they treated us, despite feeling they let us down, despite thinking they could have done more and despite how selfish we feel they were. Joseph's brothers threw him away. He didn't punish them but told them what he'd gone through was God's plan to ensure they would be cared for and that their family line would live. My family, on both sides, has some healing to do. There are some of us stuck in "past hurt" because we've felt mistreated, unloved, ostracized, belittled and judged. There are some who felt others were favored and received more. Then there are those standing on the outside simply pointing out what others aren't doing, not lifting that "pointed finger" to help the ones who are at least trying. These issues are not limited to my family, they are issues that exist in all families. It's up to us to change things. One of my cousins reminded me that we are responsible for change, we are responsible for the future of our family, we are the ones who should focus on the good and the promise of God. To all my relatives who may read this, you are important to me. We are spread out but I love each of you. My prayer is for my family to meet as many family members as we can, to fellowship and to learn more about our history. God has truly blessed us all. TeamStrongerFamilies. Bblessedloveyou. Genesis 45:1-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment