Thursday, January 9, 2014

Listen

Good morning family. The first full week of January 2014 is almost complete. Make sure you're all taking time for yourself and listening for those internal messages that say "you're doing to much". I'm spending the morning with the best baby ever, Chase DeJuan Matthews. He doesn't cry, just likes to eat. What a beautiful child. I had a busy holiday season at home and at work so I took a few days off to catch my breath. As women, we sometimes fill our days with to much. We really want to be "super" women but getting to that status leaves us frustrated. We were not designed to do "everything". I have a strong desire to see the younger women in my life live better, live smarter, to live without shame and to understand the journey that lies ahead. I've always had strong women in my life who tried to give me direction but in "blindness" I couldn't see in front of me. I only saw my worldly journey, my "flesh" driven journey. Ya'll know how jaded that can be. I often wonder what life be would look like if I'd actually listened. That's not to say that I'm not happy with who and where I am right now but it is to remind those teenagers and 20 something year old women that life is about listening and learning. Don't think the wise women in your life are judging you, they're only trying to keep you from making the mistakes they've already made. Take the example of Sarah. Because she didn't believe she could have a child, she chose a path that brought her pain and anger. God's word is true, just believe and be patient. Walk in His ways, understanding and trusting that following His direction will fill our hearts/lives with everything we want and need. Proverbs 2:1-5, Genesis 16:1-8. TeamListen, Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment