Saturday, January 25, 2014

God's Influence

Good morning family. I don't know what I like more, sleeping in or getting up before sunrise. I guess both are good as long as it's balanced. Anyway, can't wait for it to warm up again. Up enjoying being inside. Not sure if I will brave the cold today. There's so much non-sense going on right now. It seems like every day there's a school shooting. School used to be safe ground but it seems like it's open season on our children. Our country is at war within and we don't know who we're fighting. It could be the 12 year old that eats dinner with your family sometimes or it could be the neighbor that you've known and lived by for years. Maybe it's a loved one, maybe a co-worker. I know we can't predict tragedy but we can be mindful of how we treat each other. It's so easy to belittle someone who looks different and has different behaviors than ours but we should embrace those differences. As parents/leaders we also need to be mindful of how we treat and see our children. Most children mimic their parents/adults so we have to be careful/mindful of the things we say, the way we act. When we fail to exhibit/display high moral standards we miss the opportunity to influence our children. Speaking for myself, I let my guard down or should I say I didn't raise it high enough when my children were younger. I failed to realize that the Pharaohs of the world were out to kill and destroy their future. I understand that no-one targeted my children in particular but failure to fully empower, encourage and engage them at home put them in danger of being influenced by the world's standards. I remind you as I remind myself, don't let the world raise our children. Teach them God's word, don't half step. Outside influences offer material things and quick fixes that only bring temporary joy. TeamGod'sInfluence. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment