Monday, June 23, 2014

Free Will

Good morning family. Happy birthday to Simia Nicole, the best niece ever. Always thinking of others. Blessed to have her in our lives. Thanking God for life and favor this morning/every morning. Understanding that life is only as complicated and convoluted as we allow it to be. I remind myself daily that before I started making "my own choices", I had a clean slate. It didn't matter what my mother or father had done, I was given "free will". I remember standing next to my Grandma Ms Smith's hospital bed a few days before she passed. She'd heard that I was misbehaving, doing things that she had always talked against. She told me to remember what I had been taught, how I had been raised and to remember her guidance. During that moment I really didn't feel any convictions about my choices. As I reflect on my past I realize that everything she ever showed me/told me was for my own good. Making me sit on the front pew during service, attend choir rehearsal, Baptist Training union and even prayer/missionary meetings was preparing me for what I would face as an adult. I've been truly blessed to live this life even during times of distress/chaos. God is truly amazing and patient. I thank Him for allowing me time to get back to what I was taught. I'm far from perfect but I'm a long ways from what I used to be. Honoring Him this morning for allowing us to see another day, an opportunity to bask in His glory and to correct those things/ways that are not pleasing to Him. AMEN. TeamFreeWill. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment