Saturday, June 14, 2014

Good morning family. Blessed and highly favored. Enjoying this time with my Texas family.  My 90 year old granny was in full effect yesterday. I love it. These are the times that I wish I lived closer to home. What I know for certain is that we have to take every opportunity we're given to gather as family. It doesn't matter how someone spoke to you 5 years ago or what someone took from you 2 years ago. Get over whatever/whoever hurt you. Allow yourself to enjoy the company of family. Given the choice, I could never have hand picked family members like the ones I have. My cousins keep me laughing. Just seeing them have a good time is a blessing. Watching my aunts makes me miss my mom even more. Looking at them brings back happy memories of her. I thank God for allowing me to be a part of such a beautiful group of people. My prayer is that we continue gathering and celebrating who we are. I pray that God continues healing our hearts and strengthening family bonds/ties. I pray that He continues using each of us to break generational curses, understanding that our past doesn't have to control our future. I choose to participate in our family events because I want my children and their children to know where I came from, who my people are. I can tell you for sure that life isn't always balanced and it's very unpredictable but God gives us family/friends to provide that human touch/support. To God be the glory for giving me these wonderful people who love me unconditionally. TeamFamilyReunion. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment