Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Positive Communication

Good morning family. Spending a little quiet time before all the kids get here. Wishing Nadya Matthews a happy 12th birthday. Where has the time gone. Blessed to have such a smart young lady as a granddaughter. This morning I was reminded that we can't allow things to go left unsaid. Those unspoken words that keep us trapped, stuck on an emotional rollercoaster. People say "it's best I don't say anything". I say the best thing we can do is say something but say it right and for the right reason. We have to learn to have healthy conversations. Speak up when things are wrong, don't shut down. What I've learned about me is that I didn't know how to say things. I was so focused on having the last word/upper hand/getting my point across that my words became projectiles, cursing and accusing. They did more harm than good. I may not speak for others but as a woman I've always felt that I had to protect myself, be ready with a "slick" come back. Reading the word of God reminds me that I don't have to throw "stones or salt" to get my point across. What I have to do is speak in love, use the power of His words to move through and process those things I think are harmful to my being. Sometimes those simple phrases such as "I'm sorry", "I love you", "please forgive me" or "you're right" put us in a choke hold because we just can't seem to say them. We're afraid that we'll be perceived as being weak. I remind you as I remind myself, learning to speak in love can save relationships, can heal open wounds, can transform families. Life will never be perfect but we can make it better by choosing our words wisely and not allowing our pain to fester. TeamPositiveCommunication. Bblessedloveyou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment