Monday, June 2, 2014

Parenthood

Good morning family. Thanking God for everything today. Extremely thankful for rest, God knows I needed it last night. I was straight up tired, mind and body. Charm's party was a blast. Her family really showed her love. This child is blessed with parents who love her to the moon and back. Happy birthday to my son Cory. He's 28 years old today. The biggest of all my children at birth. The busiest of all my children during childhood and the only one who slept in a crib (showing his independence). Love him to life/my heart. Our children bring us the biggest challenges. I don't know about you but there have been days that I thought I was going to lose my mind because of my children. From the time they're conceived things are different. They dictate what you can eat, what you can buy and how you behave. In essence, they make us grow up and be responsible (most of us). We look at the world differently because of them. We start paying attention to those things that didn't bother us before we became parents. We start understanding why our parents behaved the way they did. Picking through those parenting skills that worked well and those things that we feel were not appropriate/necessary. We also wish we'd listened to our parents more. Sacrifice becomes a natural instinct, no second thoughts, we give our last. I'm thankful for all the challenges I've faced as a parent because they've made me a better person. My children love me simply because I'm their mother, I am so blessed and honored to "live" this. TeamParenthood. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment