Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Birth Right

Good morning family. Up and moving this morning. Slept pretty good. Very proud of my sister Meshun. She beat me running this morning. That goes to show that when you committ to something, you'll get good results. That five miles was a "beast" for me, no coffee, no vitamins and I'd only been up 45 minutes (yes I"m making excuses). This past Friday someone came to my desk and reminded me about the story of Esau and Jacob. As I read the story again, I realized that being a "sell out" isn't new. Unguided humans fail to see the true meaning of patiences. We are so focused on "the right now" that we can't see what God has for us down the road. We sign contracts for cars, homes, marriages and other relationships that we aren't ready for, not realizing that if we had only waited things would be so much better. My grandson asked me about "credit" and I explained that it something most people don't value or appreciate until it's to late. That's basically what happened with Esau, he ruined his credit because he couldn't wait and didn't realize the importance of his "birthright". This morning I pray for you as I pray for myself, Lord don't let me be a "sell out" anymore. Help me understand my role in this life. I no longer want to be a servant to my "wants", piling up debt and emotional baggage. Allow us to move forward, leaving behind everything that's kept me/us from being Your good and faithful servant. It doesn't matter what car I drive, what house I live in or what my earthly title is, I just want to be in Your favor. Thank You for giving us another day, another opportunity to live right. Thank You for letting us sober up from whatever our choice of intoxication was. Let us be free from any form of over indulgence. God help us become the people who live and look through spiritual eyes. Gives us clean hearts along with a "brand new" start. AMEN. TeamRestoringMyBirthRight. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment