Saturday, June 8, 2013

Under Control

Good Morning Family. What a beautiful day. These birds are singing up a storm. Thanking God for a productive week, peace and rest. I read the story about Jessie Jackson Jr and his wife. As I read it I thought to myself, Lord thank You for keeping me honest and for allowing me to control my wants. I never want to be in a place/mindset that makes me think it's okay to steal from and cheat those who trust me (or anyone else for that matter). When we put greed above love and respect our moral compass sinks. We loose direction and somehow feel justified. It reminds me of how David pursued Bathsheba. He slept with her knowing she belonged to another and then tried to cover up his sin. There's not one perfect person among us but if we search our hearts and understand our purpose we can avoid being a "Jessie" or a "David". The world is full of temptation and dishonesty. Most people indulge as a means of survival but what good is "just surviving" when there is no peace? When there's only death/destruction of lives. I choose to live a better life by serving and only receiving what is rightfully mine. I pray for you as I pray for myself, Father God please keep me in my right mind and in the right place. Thank You Father for giving me what I need so that I will not want or desire the madness of this world. Thank You for protecting me and mine. In Jesus Holy Name, AMEN. TeamUnderControl. Bblessedloveyou. 2Samuel 11 vs 1-27. John 15 vs 1-17. Proverbs 16 vs 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment