Sunday, February 9, 2014

Be Quiet

Good morning family. Enjoying Sunday morning. It's going to be a beautiful 70 degrees today. Confusing weather but thankful for all it brings. Sitting here thinking about how we mature and change. Some of us are just like the weather, at least I am. One day I'm hot, next day I'm cold, in most cases it's probably the same day. I confess that I'm not the easiest person to live with. I'm touchy-feely about "my" things and I want things done "my" way. Who isn't? and Who doesn't? I'll tell you who, perfect people. This morning I was reminded that everyone has something that bothers them. Something that they just can't be quiet about. That thing that takes them to the next level or brings them to a lower level. What I know for certain is that we control our reactions, no one "can make" us mad, no one "is asking for it" by the way they treat us. We have the choice of walking away and not allowing what others do or don't do affect our moods. I'm writing this because I'm guilty. Guilty of allowing my "shallow" thinking, over-sensitive self to swing in and out moods that aren't necessary and serve no purpose. The Michael Dunn case brings back memories of my father's and my son's deaths. Knowing that there's a reason for everything God allows but also understanding that mere words can move people to do things that forever change lives. Wishing that whatever words were spoken and exchanged had never been said, wishing that everyone involved had just remained silent for 5 minutes. Wishing that we as human's always moved in a spiritual realm as opposed to always being on the defensive and ready to pounce. The pain we could avoid if we could just take a step back from escalated conversations and walk away. The willingness to set pride aside for the sake of peace could save a life, could save families grief and sorrow (the ones in the court rooms and the ones standing graveside). I'm thinking about my actions/reactions and apologizing. TeamBeQuiet. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment