Sunday, February 23, 2014

Discipline First

Good morning family. Enjoying a nice Sunday morning. Listening to the kids fussing around downstairs. Listen closely to the conversations children have with each other . Very interesting how they think and how they see the world around them. The one thing they all agree on is "grandma is old". They mock me when they think I'm not listening and find some of the things I do hilarious. I love that they find humor in my behavior because there are times when I feel guilty for being hard on them or for making them do things they don't like. What my grandkids have taught me is that they want and need guidance. Their faces may not show it and I may not see or hear it in their reactions but they appreciate leadership. As parents we sometimes "rob" our children because we're afraid of damaging our relationships if we go against what they want. We work so hard to keep them happy by giving them things but this only delays their maturity. I can honestly say that I didn't give my children all the tools they needed to face life. Being a young mother and a young wife was/is challenging especially if your faith is not rooted in the word of God. Life has taught me to pay more attention and that love is not in the giving of material things, but is found in how we lead/examples we set. I'm thankful that my children picked up on my good habits and forgave me for my bad. They are beautiful parents and they understand what it means to discipline out of love. This morning I thank God for lessons learned, for a full house and for the opportunity to help parent my grands. No doubt one of the greatest gifts and opportunities our Father has given. TeamDisciplineFirst. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment