Friday, March 22, 2013

Irresponsible Self

We forget that we're responsible for our growth and lack there of. It begins with being able to take direction. I asked Little Cory to pick some things up off the floor, his response was "those aren't mine, they're Amia's". My response, "do it anyway". Cory is 5 and still learning the value of discipline. He's an intelligent child who will fully understand responsibility because we're constantly reminding him. But what about these adults? The grownups. Who's reminding them? The ones who won't take responsibility for themselves or anyone else. The adults who swear they're not going to help others if there's no compensation for them. These adults that you work with and listen to them complain about everything all day. These adults that you call "friend" but can't count on them to give you a glass of water. These adults you can't have a normal conversation with because they're just not "normal". We have to remind them of God's love for them. Remind them that we are to be examples and good servants. Remind them that they are "grown". I can honestly say, someone had to remind me. It's not easy accepting responsibility but it sure feels good when you learn how to maneuver through it. I can tell you that I made it harder than it had to be because I lacked commitment and I wasn't living right. Once you break that pattern of irresponsibility there's no turning back, the sky is the limit. Praying for you all as I pray for myself. TeamTakingResponsibiltyTodayAndForever. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment