Monday, March 18, 2013

Patience

One thing the world has lost is patience. We let our right now situations put us in places of regret. As I rode to the store yesterday I realized my mind wasn't focused on "waiting". I'm trying to rush things and not really looking at long term impact. Right then I thanked God for helping me see that my focus was off. Although tomorrow is not promised I realized that I have to wait on some of the things I want. Our younger generation has to get this. They are in such a rush that they can't see that every thing they're running to and through probably won't matter in the next six months, for that matter, tomorrow. Years ago Dee and I had a car that was given to us by my mom. The car needed breaks but we didn't have the money to fix it. Here we are with no car payment, just needing to focus on getting this car fixed. Guess what we did, we traded the "paid for" car in for a smaller car with a car payment. Our next immature move was to only purchase PIP. The car wad totaled in a car accident so we were left with a car payment and no car. Because we weren't patient, we paid for it. We could've rode the bus while we saved money but we didn't. Couldn't see the blessing of sacrificing. I'm to old for that foolishness now. We're still paying for our younger careless days but we have a better understanding of patience and sacrifice. Praying that we all understand God's plan for us. Praying that we live within our means. Praying that we ask God for guidance in our purchasing, giving and saving. TeamPrayingForPatience. Bblessedluvu

No comments:

Post a Comment