Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mom's Birthday

Good morning family. My dreams were really busy last night but God is good and I woke to a brand new day, my mom's birthday. Nurse Finley. As children and young adults we place so much emphasis on what our parents don't do or haven't done. Taking for granted the silent lessons they're teaching us so that we can live productively. For all my mom "wasn't she made up for in other areas. She stayed on her jobs, therefore teaching me and my sisters the value of work, she always dressed nice, therefore teaching us that our appearance is important, we always had a roof over our heads therefore teaching us the importance of having/keeping a home, she always had transportation therefore teaching us the value of having our own ride. The most valuable lessons she taught us were to honor God no matter what your situation is, give, feed and support others and we will continue being blessed, love your family with all your heart no matter how much you disagree/fight, say what's on your heart and know when to let go. All this I learned just from watching my mom move through this crazy/unpredictable world. A beautiful woman who had her problems but the Lord kept and blessed her. I am so honored that he gave us the responsibility of walking with her during her last days. She will forever be missed and in our hearts. Never take your parents for granted. Seek to understand the choices they make as opposed to judging who they've been and who they are. TeamNurseFinley. Bblessedluvu

No comments:

Post a Comment