Thursday, September 19, 2013

Don't Wheel Me Around

Good morning family. I figured out why I dream so much, using the TV as a night light. Have to break that habit. Work is busy as usual, so much to do, so little time. Lord I am thankful for the business and even more thankful for employment. Lately I've been reading about the "state" of our great nation. There are still so many people without jobs, some by choice and some are just not able to find "good" paying jobs. I avoid complaining about my daily grind because I could be one of those people standing in the unemployment line. So, I had a dream a couple of weeks ago. It shook me up a little because I didn't like what I saw, didn't know how to process it. Fortunately, I didn't let it go, it's stayed on my mind, stayed with me until I understood what it meant. In my dream a person comes to the door partially exposed, with their pants undone. Later in the dream I see this same person in a wheel chair. Yesterday it hit me, when you're not transparent you cripple your chances of succeeding or meeting your goals. So many times we cover up who we really are because we're ashamed. We feel we should be farther along in life than we are, so we pretend to be something we're not. We need to show others who we are, let the world know that we need help, we need God. Some of us have this imaginary "wheel chair" that carries us everywhere because we're afraid to walk in faith. We want to be wheeled around, pretending we're happy when nothing we touch is growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment