Sunday, September 29, 2013

Finding That Somebody

Good morning family. Happy Monday to all. May your Monday be filled with laughter and positive thoughts of the weekend. Anytime I'm in the kitchen I'm thinking about my mom. Remembering how she made cooking seem effortless. The funny thing is, when she got married, she couldn't boil water. I think cooking is one of those things that just comes naturally for some because it did for her. As I thought of her yesterday, I remembered her relationships, the men she loved. I wondered why she loved so hard. Then I thought, it's what women do. When we love, we love but when we're done, we're done. I think more times than not, women hold on to relationships because we invest so much of ourselves. We want that relationship that will last forever, but in the process of "making it last forever" some of us find that we are unequally yoked, that we've chosen a mate, but the mate hasn't chosen us. I mean, they're living with us, but they aren't really in it to stay. I'm thankful that I was chosen by someone who loves me. Someone who has shown up and is not just sharing a place of shelter. This is my personal opinion, but I think my mom compromised to often, gave to much of herself and asked for to little in return. I'm not in anyway saying anything negative towards men, but I would love to see more of the women in my life look for "spiritual partners". Not just "that guy" or "that dude" but a man filled with compassion and on fire for the Lord. Someone who loves God more than life and is willing to do any and everything to protect and provide for his family. I could write about this all day but I'll just close out by saying, God has truly blessed me with a husband who has loved me since we were kids. It hasn't always been easy and it's not supposed to be. I ask God to send anyone, male or female, the person who will love them for who they are, for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment