Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Growing Up

Good morning family. Hoping the morning finds everyone refreshed and ready for the day. Thanking God for rest. Feeling like a survivor and a conqueror, riding out on the blessings of the Lord. One of my granddaughters just entered middle school. She told her mom that she's one of the only girls that doesn't have PMS, pimples and "boobies". So Saturday she turns to me pointing at her nose, "grandma does this look like a zit or just a bump?" I responded, "I think it's just a bump". She goes on to say, "I was hoping it was a zit because that's a sign of growing up." I was shocked and immediately responded by advising her that she was going to grow up with or without zits and to be thankful for good skin. It reminded me that we need to constantly talk to our children about life and what to expect. It's not about "zits", it's about having the courage to be an individual, being okay with not being like everyone else. For my little cousins in Texas, the same holds true for you. Don't worry about gossip, be unique and focus on the future. Give all honor and praise to the Lord. It doesn't matter what age we are, His love and His will for us is what will "keep us" focused, in line. I can honestly tell you that if I had worried less about being accepted by the "human race" I would have a life with fewer worries/regrets. So, let go of all your burdens take them to God because His shoulders are so much stronger than ours. Walk in His will, honor His ways. TeamGrowingUp. Bblessedloveyou. Romans 1:1-21, Matthew 10:30, Ephesians 2:10, Psalm 139:1-24, Jeremiah 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment