Monday, October 21, 2013

Contentment

Good morning family. Monday, Monday, Monday a beautiful Monday. I'm so ready to work through this week, finishing up a few work projects and moving on to what promises to be a wonderful holiday season. A perfect time to focus on "contentment". As young parents, my husband and I always tried to make sure birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas for our children were memorable. We didn't always have money to buy everything we wanted but by God's grace we were able to provide. We had a few embarrassing moments at the cash register, you know when your check isn't accepted or your credit card is declined. To this day, no matter how much money I have in my account, I check my balance before making a big purchase. Over the years I've come to realize that if we are not content with what we have, always seeking to add more "junk" to our pile of things we no longer use, we'll stress ourselves to the point of frustration and doubt. We should always maintain a "healthy desire" for more but we should not let "unhealthy desires" control our living. Being content doesn't mean we'll never acquire more, it simply means that we're okay with what we have and who we are until our next God "approved opportunity" presents itself. In all things give praise. Pray about everything. 1 Timothy 6-10 & 17-19, Psalm 89:47-48, Proverbs 25:28

No comments:

Post a Comment