Saturday, October 5, 2013

Start Giving

Good afternoon family. I'm thankful for all days, stormy or clear, wet or dry. I'm alive experiencing what God creates. I missed our volunteer event this morning because I wasn't prepared. I left work without printing the directions and I can't access my computer from home because of a system issue. When I got up I googled the place we were to meet. The directions sent me to Hood Rd. Not the right place. I rode around for an hour looking for it, called two people I thought might be there, no answer. I gave up, started on my way back home. As I exited 295 onto Beach Blvd, a young man was standing at the light holding a sign that said "I'm hungry". On top of the junk in my purse was $10 so I rolled down my window and handed it to him. He said "God bless you" and I said "thank you". I expected him to hold his sign back up and continue soliciting funds, but instead he got on his bike and started riding towards the store. As he rode past me, he looked back, waived and said thank you again. Next thing I knew, I was crying. So many times, we think we've missed out on giving back but God places us where we're needed most. $10 isn't a lot of money and I'm not sharing this to brag but Lord knows it warmed my heart and convicted me at the same time just to know some one was able to eat. I don't know about you, but I waste so much of what God blesses me with, time/money/talent/love. I pray that each of you would take time out and thank God for all He provides. I ask His forgiveness because I'm so shallow, filled with excuses and procrastination, while there are people starving, begging for food. Looking in the faces of those who pass by them filled with judgement and ridicule. Lord help us all if we don't come together as a nation and as a people. TeamStopWastingStartGiving. Bblessedloveyou. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment