Saturday, October 19, 2013

Friends

Good morning family. Saturdays, don't you love them? Things to do, places to go, people to see or just time to catch your breath. This Saturday is a special one. This morning we celebrate my/our friend. Last night I thought a lot about friendship mainly because I was standing around watching Sherri's friends greet each other and talk about old times. Good friends are hard to find. True friends stand by you when no-one else will. They call to make sure you're okay even if they're not. A true friend does their best not to let you down or disappoint. A good friend reminds you of your true wealth and will continuously affirm you when you're at your lowest. A true friend knows your heart and understands you when everyone else is judging you. A true friend is not afraid to remind you of your true purpose. A good friend will comfort you in your darkest hour. A true friend will be your biggest cheerleader. A good friend is not afraid to tell you when you're wrong. A true friend won't take your side when you're wrong but has the courage to offer correction and feedback out of love. A good friend stands up for you, stands with you when you can't find the strength to stand alone. Have I been all of these things to all of my friends, probably not but I can say with all honesty that God has blessed me with friends who love me and I love them. At least one of my friends affirms me everyday and I try to do the same. Sherri' was good at that. We didn't talk on the phone a lot but I'd receive an occasional text that said "Luv u my friend". She was saying to me, you're okay. I'll miss her smile and her laugh but I thank God for sending her into my life. TeamFriends. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment