Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Won't Go Back

Good morning family. What a beautiful day. Tuesday. Thankful for a nice start, a good word, peace and praise. Happy Birthday to Assante (AKA Mr Belvadeer) and congrats to Bernard who was signed by the Baltimore Ravens yesterday. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. I love the song "I Won't Go Back". It speaks volumes. This song reminds me of all the false starts I've had. Those times where I began a new process and flat gave it up before I could finish. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to turn back, I don't want to revisit old habits. During the last weeks of my mom's life some family members were talking about using bad language "cussing". One of them looked at momma, asked if she cursed, her response was "I used to". At this point in her life, she'd lost or forgotten some of the habits she'd developed over the years. Her answer sticks with me because it's how I want to treat all my old/bad habits, as "used to". Every day I find that I've stopped doing things that were unproductive and served no purpose. Those things I thought were fulfilling turned out to be things that I used as fillers and most didn't make me feel any better about who I was. The walk that I'm on now has me feeling like I can do anything I set my mind to. I am confident in who I am, no longer ashamed of my past failures. When you finally come to the realization that "worldly things" come with "worldly pain" then you start letting go. So this morning I say "I won't go back, I can't go back to the way it used to be, before Your Presence came and changed me". Thanking God for favor and change, He is so awesome. TeamIWon'tGoBack. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment