Friday, October 25, 2013

Kim & Elon

Good morning family. It's Friday. Can I get a woot-woot. No school today. I honestly don't remember having days off during school other than "real" holidays. These kids got it good. Well folks I'm still smiling about our diversity event yesterday. It felt good seeing people dance at work, just a "wow" feeling. My joy didn't stop there. I attended my sister and brother-in-law's graduation last night. What a joy to see relieve and happiness on their faces. Only they know the sacrifice they had to make in order to earn a higher education. I've watched them over the past few years work hard and consistently press towards their goal. They both could've settled for what they'd already acquired and obtained but they saw the bigger picture, the path to a more prosperous life. They've set the standard for me and I know their growth progress is just beginning. School was the easy thing, applying all they've learned in the class room and in their home life will show what they really learned and achieved. As I thought about last night, two of my favorite songs came on, "The Potter's House" and "Still I Rise". Both songs bring tears to my eyes, reflection and thankfulness, but this morning they played at the right time because I was thinking of my sister and Elon, The line in the "The Potter's House" says "He'll heal the fragments of your broken life, my friend, the Potter wants to put you back together again." Not that I considered my sister's life to have been broken but I do know that embarking on a journey that requires sacrifice can cause brokenness. The line in "Still I Rise" says "Above all my problems and all I can see, still I rise." When we decide change is needed, we will most likely face set backs, have to start over and get weary but we must continually rise to the occasion because our Father in Heaven says we can. We can do all things though Christ. I am so proud of Kim and Elon. TeamKim&Elon. Bblessedloveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment