Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Kevin

Good afternoon family. I have been up all morning, just moving around, helping prepare for the party today. I spoke with my cousin Patty, just checking on her to see how she's doing. Today would have been her son Kevin's 29th birthday. It's been four years and it still feels like yesterday. There is nothing that stings as much as loosing a child, nothing. We all remember Kevin as a young man who had a heart as big as gold and a smile to go with it. He was book smart and always helpful. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for others. Kevin worked with/for Dee off and on. He was very impressive on the job, so impressive that one of Dee's customers actually offered to pay for Kevin to go to college. I'm not sure why he didn't take him up on the offer, maybe he wasn't ready or maybe college just wasn't his thing. Most of us say we'll do more tomorrow, enroll in college, find a new job, move to a different place, call a relative, call a friend or even take time out for ourselves. For some reason, most of us never get to the things we put off until tomorrow. What we must understand is "tomorrow is not promised". Everything we do is in God's time and if we start paying attention to where He's leading us then those "tomorrow things" start getting done. As I think about the path my family has taken (all of them) I realize we're making progress, we're doing more as opposed to just talking about doing more. Our family has more high school and college graduates, we're talking more, saying I love you more and even grooming and preparing future leaders. Our children are doing things I never dreamed of doing, they're traveling, leading church ministries and holding down steady/professional jobs. I could go on and on but my point is, we need to remember and honor those that God has called home by continuing to knock doors and chip away at generational curses. I'm encouraged/inspired and in love with my family. TeamHappyBirthdayKevin. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment