Thursday, October 24, 2013

Still Working On Change

Good morning family. WOW, weather change, drop in temperature. Feeling the blessings of the Lord this morning as always. Every day we face this great thing called LIFE. As I live in the daily moments and I do mean live, I learn more and more about myself. I see so many opportunities to change, to be better, to excel. Going into 2013 I vowed to do things a little differently, to change "me" for me based on what God's word says. Although I haven't accomplished everything or accepted all challenges presented, I feel better. As I rode into work this morning I was reminded of my responsibilities as a wife. Anyone who knows me and Dee knows that we have and have had our ups and downs. Since we were 13 he's always been the most giving, the one who apologizes first even if it's not his fault, the one who goes out on a limb when I don't even want to try. Speaking from a woman's point of view, we tend to over analyze things, we're overly sensitive and quick to judge. We forget to allow our husbands to lead based on biblical principles. Our desire for order and perfection blinds us to those things that already orderly and perfect. We sometimes overreact especially when we don't get our way. So this morning, I say to my husband, Deforest Matthews II, I'm sorry because I do all these things. I apologize for my lack of submissiveness and support. As I continue moving through my season/seasons of change, I will be more mindful of my roles/responsibilities. Just putting it out there because I know I'm not the only one having this struggle. Ephesians 5:22-23, 1 Peter 3:1-22, Titus 2:3-5. TeamStillWorkingOnChange. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment