Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Speak Up

Good afternoon family. I'm a little behind schedule today. Thanking God for grace and favor. Thanking Him for Boss's day. There are so many of us without "earthly bosses". Having a job is a blessing, having a career is amazing. God has blessed me with 24 years of employment with the same employer. There have been times that I wanted to walk away but I got over "myself" and stayed. In all relationships there will be periods of adjustment and change. We have to decide whether or not we can handle what comes. My friend reminded me that women, sometimes compromise and lower our standards so things will flow smoothly. In doing this, we can loose who we are and become frustrated. I remind myself as I remind you, when the time comes for change/maturity, speak up. We have to stop "choking" back words that need to be said. Just because something has always been done a certain way doesn't mean it's the right way. I'm guilty of not speaking up or/and of not addressing issues in a timely manner. My goal is to break that habit, begin saying what's on my mind in a personable/professional/positive/loving way. Mary/Mary has a song that reminds us that not speaking up is like fire, it burns within and that's not a good thing. Today I pray that we all learn to say what's on hearts, speak the truth without being petty/hurtful/selfish. Communicating effectively saves relationships. TeamSpeakUp. Bblessedloveyou. Phillippians 4:4-9, Ephesians 4:14-15, Colossians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment