Monday, October 28, 2013

Forgot My Blessing

Good morning family. Happy Monday. Blessed to see a new week. I'm actually hanging out at home for a little bit today. Something I haven't done in months. We had a nice weekend. The kids really had fun. Thanks again to all who came over for their party Saturday. Assante is looking forward to his birthday celebration at Red Lobster tomorrow night. So I have to tell on myself. A few weeks ago I was working from home. All of sudden the lights went out. I went to the door to see if the stop light was on, it was. I checked the breaker, it was okay. Next I picked up my cell phone, called Dee because he pays the light bill. When he admitted that it hadn't been paid I sort of lost it, talked a little trash and hung up. Now, back in the day, if the bill wasn't paid, I knew it was because we didn't have the money, but today I'm thankful that I can say we have money to pay our bills. It's just that my husband has a bad habit, so do I, of waiting until the late notice comes. This is a habit we developed when money was short and we sort of had to move it around to make ends meet. I'm sharing this story because I was reminded that men have enough stress without our attitudes being added to what they have to think about. Unlike women, men, real men, feel the burden and responsibility when bills don't get paid, when things break down around the house, when legal issues arise and when "family matters" happen. I'm learning that if I let go and allow things to work out naturally, I'll feel better and so will Dee. That day, I called, paid the bill over the phone and the lights were back on in a matter of minutes (modern technology). I know ya'll remember when someone actually had to come back out and turn them on and you didn't know if you were going to have lights before night. What a blessing to know that God supplies our needs and brings us from places of despair to places of prosperity. We just need to honor His word by living better, making better choices and accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior. TeamForgotMyBlessing. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment