Friday, October 18, 2013

Follow Your Heart

Good Morning family. It's Friday, the best day of the work week. Preparing for the weekend and praying that we all have safe journeys, pleasant conversations and productive family time. Before my feet hit the floor every morning, my mind starts racing. I usually hear a song playing over and over in my head, then I finally role out of bed. I thank God for the new day, turn on some music and then begin my day. This morning I wanted to sit still, I wanted to stay home but today is not the day for that. I have so much to do. The things I have to do could really have thrown me into depression but the God I serve has given me the strength to face whatever comes. This weekend my/our friend Sherri' will be laid to rest. Her passing made me think about how I spend my time and my days. What I realized is that I don't invest "in me" enough (my life, my growth.) Let's face it, we're not getting any younger. It's time for us to stop being so predictable, start really living. My sister Kim, took the plunge. invested time and earned a higher education. My sister Meshun struggled with her weight for years but finally decided to turn her struggle into victory by loosing weight, building muscle and changing her lifestyle. Life has to be filled with more than desire. To fill our desires, we have to put in the work and walk in faith. I believe with all my heart that Sherri' followed the desires of her heart and was finally at peace with her transition. If her life says nothing else, it should say follow your heart, work hard and live. TeamFollowYourHeart. Bblessedloveyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment