Sunday, October 13, 2013

Grandparents

Good morning family. I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Happy Birthday to my oldest grandson, Simmie Lee Matthews. I can't believe how fast these 13 years have flown by. He's taller than most of us and his voice is getting deeper by the day. What a blessing he's been to us. When I was his age my life was different. Because of things I did, I want to make sure he stays on a good path. If you have any type influence over the lives of a young person, please set the right examples. In some ways, I failed to do the same for my children. I didn't always offer the right "encouragement". Wasn't always present even if I was in the same room with them. Didn't nurture their God-given talents or ask what they wanted out of life. As a grandparent, I listen, I watch and do my best to encourage and teach. Even now, I find that I fall short of meeting God's expectation. Nevertheless, I keep going and work on being better than I was "yesterday". Lately I've come to realize that I can't fix everything, can't change everything and don't have all the answers. What I do know is that God is still doing a work in me. I'm thankful that He's kept me and allowed me to see my children become parents. My prayer for them and me is that we all answer "the call" to support and raise their children based on His word. Praying for patience today and all days. TeamGrandparent. Bblessedloveyou. Wishing Alexis Marie Justiano a Happy Birthday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment